Personal Injury Attorneys in Henderson
Securing Your Future After an Accident
When a serious injury has changed your life, the uncertainty of what the future holds can cause unnecessary stress, making it difficult to recover physically, emotionally, and financially. You need a personal injury attorney who understands what lies ahead and how to overcome the obstacles your family will encounter. Our legal team gives you honest answers and guides you through the complex set of decisions you need to make along your road to recovery. You need a lawyer who will fight to secure your financial future. You need the David Boehrer Law Firm in Henderson, Nevada.
Do not fall victim to the insurance company’s disingenuous practices. Contact the David Boehrer Law Firm today and let us help secure your future after you’ve been injured. Call 702-750-0750.
The Actions You Take Make a Difference in Your Injury Case
Your next steps could greatly affect your ability to recover from your injury. We encourage you to enlist our help in resolving your case and we’re happy to answer any questions you might have during your free consultation. In the meantime:
- Don’t wait to see a doctor. Trained medical professionals can measure the extent of your injuries and ensure you receive the proper care to make sure your chance for recovery is maximized. Additionally, seeking medical treatment ensures that your injuries are documented should your case go to court.
- Do not attempt to negotiate with the insurance company or the negligent party. While it may be tempting to handle your case on your own, you could jeopardize your right to pursue damages in the future. If the insurance company attempts to settle your claim, be sure your speak with our injury lawyers before your accept their offer.
- Refrain from posting about your accident on social media. Be aware that the insurance company likely has investigators who may be monitoring your online activity. Even lighthearted posts or jokes about your accident can be used against you when it’s time to settle your claim.
- Don’t hesitate to speak with an attorney. The time to pursue damages after an accident in Nevada is limited. If you wait too long to file a claim, you could lose your right to recover compensation.
Understanding the True Impact of Your Injuries
When you’re seriously injured, the true impact of what has happened may not be immediately apparent. That’s why insurance companies often instruct their representatives to make contact with you right after you’re hurt. While their quick settlement offer might seem fair at first, these offers are rarely enough to cover the losses in even the most basic of cases. Once the shock of your accident begins to wear off and reality sets in, you’ll realize that even seemingly minor injuries can have a significant impact on every aspect of your life.
- Medical Expenses: The cost of obtaining the medical treatment, medications, and special equipment you might need after your accident are often just the tip of the iceberg. Many injured victims require multiple surgeries, extended hospital stays, rehabilitation, and even in-home care as they recover. In many cases, these medical costs continue to add up over a period of months or years. For some people, they continue for life.
- Lost Income: Serious injuries generally prevent people from returning to work right away. Even when injuries seem minor at first, complications may arise that prevent you from working for weeks or months. As you heal, your doctor may release you to return to work, but you might not be able to do your regular job full time for a while. And you’ll likely miss work to attend follow-up medical appointments. If your injuries are especially severe, working may never again be an option.
- Independence: After a severe injury, you may not be able to do the things you did before you were hurt. You may need someone to help care for your children. You might need assistance driving to doctor’s appointments. Day-to-day tasks around the house can seem impossible to complete. You might even need someone to help you care for yourself. Aside from the inconvenience these limits cause, hiring someone to step in and help out can quickly become very expensive.
Our injury lawyers understand how your injuries may impact your life in the long term. We’ve witnessed the challenges our clients have faced. And we’ve seen the true cost of car, truck and motorcycle crashes, slip and falls, and other types of accidents. Our experience in various types of injury cases enables us to recognize what is fair.
How the Value of Your Personal Injury Claim May Be Affected
There are many elements that are important to your recovery. An accurate assessment of your personal injury claim is top priority so we can ensure you receive a settlement that is fair.
- Our injury attorneys will need to evaluate all the events that may have played a role in causing your injuries and the parties responsible for those happenings.
- We’ll need to take a look at your medical bills, lost wages, and other costs that you expect to face to determine economic damages.
- We will evaluate how your injuries will impact other aspects of your life in the long term. Have you endured pain and suffering or emotional anguish? Have you lost the use of a body part? Did your injuries cause cognitive impairment? We’ll need to assign a dollar amount to these non-economic damages.
- If the party responsible for your injuries was grossly negligent, we may be able to pursue punitive damages. Awards for punitive damages are typically based on the wrongdoers’ actions and your economic damages and non-economic damages combined.
If your injuries have caused you to need continuous assistance with things you didn’t need help with before, resulted in permanent disfigurement or loss of function, or will require ongoing medical treatment, the value of your claim may be higher.
Evaluating the Strengths and Weaknesses of Your Injury Case
There are a number of other elements that can influence your injury case. We will take these factors into consideration when negotiating your settlement. Our attorneys will look at:
- The credibility of your witnesses
- How witness statements, medical records, and other evidence coincides with your injuries
- Whether you share responsibility for the accident
- Whether photographs, videos, or admissions of fault by the other party are available to back up your claim
- Your compliance with recommended medical treatment and follow-up care
While an evaluation of your claim is merely an estimate of the compensation you might receive, our legal team is experienced with a wide range of injury cases, and our valuations are typically very realistic. As your personal injury attorneys, we’ll consider the strengths and weaknesses of your claim to create a strategy that maximizes your settlement. Our experience can help you make smart choices as your case proceeds.